A few years ago, I received a phone call from an interested buyer on one of my listings while walking into the movies with my wife and three kids. I’m sure many brokers can relate to the experience of receiving important calls when they’re not at the office. The gentleman expressed his genuine intent to purchase the boat with a demanding, yet realistic offer. He also insisted that if the offer was accepted, he would be on a plane the next day, survey and sea trial the following day, and close by Friday. Now, knowing this was one of my better listings and I had a 90% chance of getting the seller to accept, I was feeling pretty good about the deal, but I knew a lot needed to get done before the buyer would feel comfortable purchasing a plane ticket. The feelings of excitement were quickly held hostage by the following thoughts running through my head:
- I’m 50 miles from the office
- I don’t have my contracts to send
- I must fax or scan documents over to the buyer for official offer and signature
- Then I’ll need to forward the contract to the the seller for approval and signature.
- Finally, I need to send a fully-executed faxed or scanned copy of the contract along with wire transfer instructions back to the buyer.
- (I’m just glad there wasn’t a Co-Seller or Co-Buyer to add to the confusion and logistics)
After several hours of work and disrupting time with the family, I got it all done but it was in this very moment that I realized….”there must be a better way”.
If this happened to me today, I would use YachtCloser to complete this deal before my wife finished buying the popcorn!
The YachtCloser Mission
Our mission is to provide simple solutions for yacht brokers to communicate, contract, and close more deals.